Jonathan here. Having just talked with his friend in Manhattan, Dick Barron, business reporter at the Greensboro-News Record, writes, in his BizBytes newsletter (click here, follow instructions to subscribe to BizBytes)
- "As one of my friends in Manhattan wrote today on [his] Twitter [page]: "Just walked to Wall Street for a meeting and back. The mood on the street is weird. Everyone looks weak, frightened and angry, like on 9/11" [emphasis mine].
- “Draw them in with the prospect of gain. Take them by confusion. Use anger to throw them into disarray."
- Investors have been drawn in with the prospect of gain.
- Investors have been taken by confusion.
- Investors have been thrown into disarray.
You need allies in your war. When the News-Record called us during Monday's 504 point drop in the Dow, we said investors needed to "take a deep breath," and we explained why we didn't need to "stay glued to the TV for the latest headline." Click here to read the article.