Friday, November 07, 2008

. . . so, what are we doing?

Justin here. This is from our most recent market commentary, (here):

One of our clients called, saying he had a question: “I’m just curious as to what you are doing to insure that I won’t lose a lifetime of savings?” . . . I’m going to take a cue from my old high school algebra teacher and assume that if someone in the class asks a question, chances are that other folks in the room are wondering the same thing.
In the commentary, we include an excerpt from Warren Buffett's 1987 letter to shareholders, which features his explanation of the way he thinks about the stock market - what he calls Mr. Market.

Buffet's words are so clear and helpful that is should be required reading before anyone opens a brokerage account (maybe I'll include that on my "suggestions box" form for President Elect Obama.)


As a side note, you can find all of our past commentaries here. If you'd like to be added to our quarterly mailing list, send me your mailing address and we'll be happy to send it to you the old fashioned way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your input matters to us, we'd love to hear from you.